Welcome to MenuBlender platform
MenuBlender adheres to the rules laid down in the Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens (WBP), (Dutch Data Protection Act 2016) and the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (coming into force on the 25 May 2018). The data entered for the order is saved for the performance of the agreement and the financial administration. This privacy statement was last updated on 26/02/2018.
MenuBlender is committed to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information that you provide to us by visiting our website or app, or by using our services. We will always process your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
2 What kinds of information do we collect?
2.1 When you open our website or app
We automatically collect certain information from your computer or mobile device when you visit our website or app without logging in. For example, we collect your session data such as time you spent on our site, pages clicked, including your IP address, the navigation software used, and the reference site. We may also collect information about your online activity, such as viewed content, pages visited, searches and / or reservations made. We automatically collect this type of information to try to better understand the interests and preferences of our users, to better personalise their user experience and improve our website or online application.
2.2 When you create an account
We collect and store information that you provide us when creating an account through our website or mobile application; your first and last name, electronic address, password, and a phone number. This data is used to identify you, contact you directly in case of any order related problems or to respond to you regarding any questions you have. Your contact details might also be used for marketing purposes as long as you gave us a consent to do so during sign-up or add a consent later in your account page.
If you create an account with MenuBlender by using your Facebook or Google+ account, MenuBlender will retrieve publicly available information about you such as name, surname and e-mail address.
2.3 When you use our service
Information that we are collecting and processing when you’re using our service are: location data of your computer or mobile device, your browsing history on our website and/or app, information about payments made to the third parties with whom we share information (restaurants/payment service provider), as well as the history of the meals purchased by you. We automatically collect this type of information to deliver our services to you, to try to better understand your preferences and to manage processed payments.
If you place an order through our platform, payment information is processed by the payment service provider (Stripe), and not by MenuBlender or the restaurant, who do not have access to it. Payment service provider Stripe is responsible for processing of your personal data during payment, we as MenuBlender need to share your name, surname and e-mail address in order to initiate a payment in payment’s service provider’s system.
As soon as you use a MenuBlender application on your mobile device, we may collect and use your information, generally in the same manner and for the same purposes as when using our website. In addition, we may collect information about your location with your consent if your mobile device has been configured to send this type of information to the application (see your mobile device's privacy settings). We may use geolocation information collected by your mobile device to improve your experience when using the application by providing you with more relevant content by allowing you to filter & sort offers close to you, display your location on the map and present the distance to the restaurant. Your geolocation data is not stored on our servers, it is only used real-time in our application. You can change the privacy settings of your mobile device at any time and disable the functionality that shares your location information with the application. However, if you disable the sharing of geolocation information, this can affect some of the application's functions. For help with your mobile device's privacy settings, please contact the manufacturer of your mobile device.
2.4 For the Restaurant
3 How do we use this information?
3.1 General purposes
MenuBlender uses the information collected about you for the following general purposes:
• to manage your registration and account, including your access to and use of our site;
• to manage placed orders and assign them to the user;
• to communicate with you particularly regarding services that we are providing to you, informing about adjustments and changes to our services, website and/or app, etc.
• to perform and manage the reservation of tables and meals in the restaurants of your choice;
• to inform restaurants about incoming orders;
• to communicate with you in case of any problems encountered while processing your orders;
• to enable payments and send billings for your order;
• to gauge your interest in our services and our site based on data and improve them accordingly;
• to improve your browsing experience on our site;
• to collect information from you about our services through surveys, and to improve our services;
• to answer your questions and comments;
• to manage disputes, complaints and litigation;
• to enforce our Terms and Conditions;
• to prevent any prohibited, fraudulent and / or illegal activities;
• to disable your account;
3.2 Marketing purposes
Marketing related notifications will be sent only if you gave us a consent to do so during registration of your account. We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of our services and/or special offers from the restaurants presented on our website and app. To do this, we send you emails and/or push notifications with information about offers and services that may be of interest to you. Note that each time you receive an email of this type, you will be able to tell us if you no longer wish to receive them, or deny push notifications in the application, or change the settings of your mobile device to do so.
3.3 For Restaurants
The data provided by you (the restaurant owner/manager) is used to identify you, contact you directly in case of any order related problems or to respond to you regarding any questions you have.
4 Users rights to access, rectify, oppose and remove data
In accordance with applicable law, you have a right of access, rectification, opposition and can request to remove information gathered.
4.1 How can I access data about me?
You can access the information you have provided by logging in on our website and going to Your MenuBlender’ section of your account.
You have the right to request the details of the personal information concerning you in our possession, by contacting us at email@example.com, indicating ‘request for right of access’ in the subject line or by requesting data through ‘Your MenuBlender’ page.
4.2 How can I rectify data about me?
You can supplement or update the information you have provided by logging in on our website and going to Your MenuBlender’ section of your account.
4.3 How can I revoke access data about me?
You may choose to revoke the access to your personal information. Please be aware, however, that this may be required in order to provide services of our platform. In case you decide to revoke access to the data provided during sign-up (name, surname, e-mail address), your account will be deactivated. If you decide to revoke an access, log in and go to ‘Your MenuBlender’ page where you can revoke access to your personal data by clicking ‘revoke access’
You will also be able to unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time. To do this, click on the unsubscribe link that you will find at the bottom of each communication you receive from us.
Please note that we may send you service communications, such as administrative messages about your account or transactional messages related to one of your reservations. It is not possible to unsubscribe from these service communications.
4.4 How can I remove my account?
To close your MenuBlender account, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or log in and go to ‘Your MenuBlender’ page where you can remove your account by clicking ‘Remove account’. We will send you an email to confirm your request. Remember that once your account is closed, you will no longer be able to login, access your personal information.
If you decide to close your MenuBlender account, we will deactivate it, and remove your profile information.
MenuBlender may use the information collected about you in the decision to deactivate your account, in particular in the following cases:
• If you do not comply with out T&C
• a confirmed case of fraud on our site
You will be notified of the deactivation of your account by email.
4.5 For Restaurants
For the vendor’s account, you (the restaurant owner/manager) can access, rectify, revoke, and/or remove your data by instructing us to do so on your behalf in an email sent to: email@example.com.
5 Information we share
5.1 Parties that process data collected by us
In order to process an order you make through our site, MenuBlender has to share information other parties (data processors), and MenuBlender may share your information with the following parties:
• Restaurants - We share your information with the restaurants to perform and manage your order and to deal with complaints and disputes relating to them.
• Third party service providers who provide services to us or act on our behalf, in particular for business analysis, data processing or payments, customer service, marketing, public relations, dissemination of surveys or prize draws, or for the purpose of preventing fraud. We may also authorise third-party providers to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, when this is necessary for the execution of the functionalities on our site or to improve the diffusion of online advertisements that are targeted according to your interests. Third party service providers have access to the information and may collect it to the extent necessary to enable them to perform their functions. They are not allowed to share it or use it for any other purpose.
We may also share your information with third parties if we believe, at our sole discretion, that disclosure of such information is necessary:
• to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
• to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of MenuBlender, our users, or others; or
• following a corporate transaction, such as divestiture, merger, acquisition, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Outside the scope of the above provisions, you will be informed when your personal information will be shared with third parties, and you will be able to ask us not to share this information.
We may also share anonymous or aggregated information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we will be able to communicate to our advertisers the number of visitors to our site or the most popular restaurants. This information does not contain any personal data.
5.2 Other external parties
7 How long do we store data?
We may keep some of the information associated with your account in our database in order to provide you with our service, for analysis purposes or for maintaining our records. We will only retain your personal information for as long as is strictly necessary for the purposes set out in Section 2 "How we use your information" or to meet our legal obligations. The retention period for this information is 2 years after your last purchase on MenuBlender, consequently personal data will be deleted and the remaining data such as your purchases will be anonymized
We may retain certain information for a period subsequent to the closing of your account, for example if it is necessary to fulfil our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or enforce our rights.
8.1 Google analytics
• Distinguish unique users
• Throttle the request rate
Following cookies from Google Analytics are used:
Used to distinguish users.
Used to distinguish users.
Used to throttle request rate.
Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.
Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out.
Used to store sessions id during payment.
Used to store merchants id during payment.
9 Notification about security
We have implemented and maintain appropriate organisational, technical, administrative and physical measures to protect the personal information you provide us against unauthorised or unlawful access, use of disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction. Although no website or app can guarantee absolute security, we work hard to protect MenuBlender and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
• Data in transit is encrypted via HTTPS
• Data is encrypted while at rest
• Employees who have access to user data are required to use 2 factor authentication
• We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
• We restrict access to personal information to MenuBlender employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
10 How to contact us?